Subject: Re: Tomahawk mirror of ftp.newtek?
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: The LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 08:17:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Ted Stethem wrote:

>   Since the list has moved to tomahawk, just had a quick question. Is the 
> tomahawk lightwave ftp site a mirror of ftp.newtek.com or vice versa or 
> not at all? It appears they have the same files but completely? It would 
> be nice to know if one is the major site and the other is mirroring it 100%.

Both sites are seperate entities....some of the more popular files get
uploaded to both of them, but Tomahawk.grandi.com is definitely the better
site.

While we're talking about Tomahawk, I want to take a moment to publicly
thank Keith Christopher (owner of Tomahawk) for all of his hard work on
the FTP site and getting these mailing lists set up.  

If it weren't for Keith, the lists would have been in trouble because
Garcia.com is shutting down in a few weeks and I couldn't find any other
reliable, affordable servers to run the lists from...Keith came to the 
rescue just in time.  THANKS KEITH!  (now post your address so people can
send contributions to help run the Tomahawk FTP site!)

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner

--- From the LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]> --------
--- This message posted by:  David Warner <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- For information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked] --------
--- Message should include the phrase INFO LIGHTWAVE on a line by itself ---